In the realm of investing, it is not always about how much you make on an investment but how much you keep after taxes. We work with our clients on the most tax efficient way to structure accounts and focus on investments with a high after tax returns. We will work with your accountant if you have other tax constraints that must be accounted for when analyzing and recommending investments for your portfolio.
Some issues that might need to be addressed jointly with your accountant are:
- AMT issues
- Capital gain and/or loss carry-forward planning.
- Withdrawal strategies from IRA’s to minimize tax burden.
- Contribution strategies toward retirement accounts.
- Wash sale constraints.
- Large, concentrated equity holdings.
- Charitable giving strategies.
- Equity compensation divesture strategies.